Amelia Mandeville is one half of the video blogging sisters, ‘The Mandeville Sisters’ with her sister Grace. They have a YouTube channel, where they explore their love for fashion, style and discussing disability and body positivity. ‘Every Colour Of You’ is Amelia’s debut novel.
- To readers of the blog who may not be familiar with you or your writing, can you tell us a bit about yourself and how you got into writing.
My name is Amelia Mandeville, I have a Youtube channel with my sisters ‘Mandeville Sisters’. I’m
21, and I love dipping into the fictional world. I just got into this, by writing, and writing until I
finally got there. Not giving up was the key!
- Can you tell us a bit about your upcoming book, ‘Every Colour of You’.
‘Every Colour of You’, is a book of many different emotions, following the journey of Tristan and Zoe, and their very unlikely friendship. It’s a book to make you hopefully laugh and cry, break your heart, and mend it at the same time.
- If you were to start your own book club, what authors would you ask to join?
Ooooh. Rainbow Rowell. Patrick Ness, and Veronica Roth.
- Is there anything that you would change about your writing journey?
I wish my writing wasn’t so dependent on my mood.
- Who’s your favourite literary heroine or heroine?
I always loved ‘Maximum Ride’.
- What’s your favourite opening line from a book?
You know what, I don’t have one!
- What’s your favourite book of all time?
Hmmm, that’s too hard to choose. I have so many favourites, ‘Eleanor and Park’, ‘Chaos Walking ‘series, ‘Maximum Ride’ and so many more.
- Why did you decide to write female fiction?
I’ve actually wrote YA, and zombie novels before this, so I guess it just depends on the story I’m creating.
- If you were stranded on a desert island, which three books would you bring with you to pass the time?
Oooooh, it’d be the three I answered for my favourite book.
- What area do you suggest a budding writer should concentrate on to further their abilities?
The motivation and self believe. Definitely. Just keep writing and encouraging yourself because it’s hard to believe in yourself. I nearly gave up lots of times.
- When sitting down to write, what is the one item you need beside you?
Can music count? I always have to listen to music, but a good cuppa is helpful too!
- And finally, do you have any projects or releases on the horizon which you would like to share with the readers of the website.
I am working on my second book at the moment, which is all pretty secret…and still busy with my Youtube channel www.youtube.com/mandevillesisters. Thanks so much for having me 🙂
Follow Amelia Mandeville on Twitter Amelia Mandeville
You can buy Every Colour of You from Amazon and is available to buy from good bookshops.