The London Book Fair (LBF) is delighted to announce the launch of the first ever UK Book Blog Awards @ LBF – a new initiative designed to celebrate social media influencers and their important contribution to the book industry.
A new feature for LBF 2018, this will be the first time this community has been officially recognised and rewarded by the British publishing industry.
Bloggers, social media influencers, members of the publishing industry, and the general public are invited to nominate the best book blogs, bookstagrammers and booktubers across three categories:
· Book Blogger of the Year
· Bookstagrammer of the Year
· BookTuber of the Year
Once the shortlist has been revealed, a panel of judges will select one winner in each category, who will be honoured at a special awards ceremony at The London Book Fair. In addition, the Fair will introduce new seminars and networking events aimed at bringing the social media influencer community closer to the publishing world.
Jacks Thomas, Director at The London Book Fair commented: “Book bloggers are an increasingly important part of the book world. Their passion for authors, genres and books is integral in reaching new audiences. We’re really excited to be launching the inaugural UK Book Blog Awards @ LBF and recognising the crucial role social influencers play in the promotion of books.”
The awards are open to any blogger, YouTuber or Instagrammer that features books published in the UK and/or UK authors. To put forward a nomination, or to nominate your own blog/Instagram account/YouTube channel visit: www.londonbookfair.co.uk/UKBookBlogAwards
THE LONDON BOOK FAIR UK BOOK BLOG AWARDS – TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. THE UK BOOK BLOG AWARDS 2018 are open to any blogger, YouTuber or Instagrammer who features books published in the UK and/or UK authors.
2. The blogger, YouTuber or Instagrammer may be located anywhere in the world, but to be eligible to win they must be able to collect their award in person at The London Book Fair, or send a representative.
3. Blogs, Instagram profiles, and YouTube channels can be entered by the brand owners, affiliates, or members of the public.
4. The deadline for entries is 12pm (noon) on Friday 2 March 2018 (the “Closing Date”).
5. Judging: a panel of expert judges will decide a shortlist of three entries per category, one of whom will be the overall winner in each category.
6. The Judges’ decision is final on all matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
7. If the judging panel feels that none of the entries in a category reaches the standard outlined to them in guidance notes, The London Book Fair may (under exceptional circumstances) cancel the category.
8. The Winners will be announced at The London Book Fair, 10-12 April 2018