Handwritten Girl’s Top 12 Books of 2021
Itâ€™s that time of the year again, where I sit and deliberate my favourite books of the year and 2021 was just as difficult as previous years. And as per usual, my top 10 ended up being the top 12.
2021 saw us being introduced to some fantastic debut authors whose novels of dystopian worlds not far removed from now gripped us, broken hearts and relationships made us cry and psychological thrillers had us reading into the early hours.
We saw the return of some of our favourite authors, as well as the 25th anniversary release of â€˜Rachelâ€™s Holidayâ€™ by Marian Keyes ahead of the eagerly anticipated sequel â€˜Again, Rachelâ€™.
If youâ€™re looking for some ideas for Christmas reading or gifts, check out my top 12 books of 2021 with a link to each review.
1. Rachelâ€™s Holiday by Marian Keyes
2. Last One At The Party by Bethany Clift
3. The Split by Laura Kay
4. The World At My Feet by Catherine Isaac
5. The Push by Ashley Audrain
6. The Heights by Louise Candlish
7. The Night She Disappeared by Lisa Jewell
8. Ghosts by Dolly Alderton
9. The Idea Of You by Robinne Lee
10. Bad Choices by Lucy Vine
11. Girl A by Abigail Dean
12 Last Night by Mhairi McFarlane