Every year, I spend some time looking over my reviews of the books from that were published during that year and find myself faced with the same quandary. What have been my favourite books? The books that I recommended, enjoyed and passed onto friends to share the experience.
2019 has been no different, itâ€™s a cracking year for debuts, â€˜The Silent Patientâ€™, â€˜The Flat Shareâ€™ and â€˜The Truth and Triumphs of Grace Athertonâ€™ were all fantastic books that have soared through the books charts
After ten years of writing, C.L. Taylor received numerous accolades for her book called â€˜Sleepâ€™ and who can forget that sunny day in July when I read both â€˜Those Peopleâ€™ and â€˜The Family Upstairsâ€™.
This was initially a list of my top 5 books of 2019, then it became my top 10 before finally becoming a top 12 books of 2019.
So, if youâ€™re looking for some ideas for the book lover in your life, then look no further!
1. ‘Lies Lie Lies’ by Adele Parks
2. ‘The Passengers’ by John Marrs
3. ‘The Truths and Triumphs of Grace Atherton’ by Anstey Harris
4. ‘The Family Upstairs’ by Lisa Jewell
5. ‘Blood Orange’ by Harriet Tyce
6. ‘Those People’ by Louise Candlish
7. ‘Half a World Away’ by Mike Gayle
8. ‘Tell Me Your Secret’ by Dorothy Koomson
9. ‘Sleep’ by C.L. Taylor
10. ‘Louis and Louise’ by Julie Cohen
11. ‘The Flat Share’ by Beth O’Leary
12. ‘The Silent Patientâ€™ by Alex Michaelides